Summer Reading List 2014
With summer here, my library card is ready and my list just continues to grow. Here are a couple of books that are on my current summer reading list:
1. This Is Where I Leave You – Jonathan Trooper While most of the time I never even end up seeing the movie, I always try to read the book before the movie comes to theaters. (Although you better believe I will be sobbing my way through The Fault in Our Stars at the theater this weekend!)
2. Proof of Heaven – Eben Alexander Pretty sure I might be the last person on earth to read this book but after watching Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday I can’t wait to finally get my hands on this book.
3. Serena – Ron Rash Every summer list needs a page turning thriller and I’m hoping this one keeps me hooked like Gone Girl. This is another book coming to movie this year, with Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence as the leads.
4. If I Stay – Gayle Forman You know you read too much when you read the back of a book and cannot figure out if you have already read this book or not. I think the plot just seems very similar to Before I Go to Sleep, which I loved so this book definitely made my list.
5. Cold Tangerines – Shauna Niequist After reading Carry On, Warrior and worrying I could never read anything again, I came across Bread&Wine by Shauna Niequist and absolutely devoured it. Then my kindle suggested Bittersweet so I read and loved that. Now finally I am making my way back to the beginning and have to read Shauna’s first book, Cold Tangerines. Although they aren’t a series by any means, I would suggest reading her books in order so that you don’t already know how situations in her life end up as you are reading them 😉 Either way, I can’t wait to read this one!
6. The Honest Life – Jessica Alba I read the sample on my kindle (I am famous for having a zillion samples on my kindle–just to test them out!) and immediately starting wondering about….everything. While I’m not ready to give up a lot of modern conveniences, the sample alone got me thinking about some of the things we might be doing to poison our bodies without even realize. I am interested to read the rest of the book to figure out where she finds the happy balance between living life and feeling confident that you are making safe decisions.
What are you reading this summer? I love recommendations!
PS. Last fall I started to feel burned out and needed a break, so I took one. I’ve been quietly reading along and cheering on your successes but more and more I started to miss the interactions that come from this page (and liking your pictures on instagram just wasn’t enough!)